An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Paxton Door Access Engineer to join our growing InVentry dream team. This role is the perfect opportunity for an outgoing person who has a love of travelling, fantastic organization skills and a love for being in a live customer facing role, to join an ever growing, busy and energetic engineering team. The role will involve travelling to customer sites up and down the country, physical installation of the InVentry hardware, cable routing, software configuration and face to face customer training with anything from one member up to 15+ on occasions to successfully deliver the end product to the client.
A Little Bit About InVentry…
We’re a fast-paced and growing technology company, specialising in the development and provision of touch screen visitor management solutions across both education and modern business.
Back in 2010 InVentry created and defined the sign in and visitor management market. Since then, we’ve continued to pave the way by producing innovative new features that solve real world problems. Over the last 5 years we’ve seen exponential growth; culminating in being named in the Deloitte Global Fastest 500 growing companies in technology from Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We’ve also gone from a little over 100 organisations to more than 8,000 across the UK, and now handle a staggering 5.7 million sign in and out events (up to 49 every second) and capture over 146,000 visitor images every week. Although InVentry are rooted in education, the unique and special requirements of the education market means that the InVentry system works perfectly across any business sector.
As our Paxton Door Access Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
On-site installation of Door Access Control
- Physical installation of Paxton products at the customers location
- Software configuration to achieve the customers required outcomes
- Integration of the clients existing network to Paxton to ensure all door access is live and online
- Identify active issues that may arise during installation and rectify to provide a quick and efficient installation
- Report issues to build up knowledge across the team and actively work on solutions to avoid where possible on future installations
- Face to face customer training on how to successfully and maximise their access control products
- Accurate submission of paperwork and job reports upon completion of install
Warranty and Maintenance Visits
This will include:
- All aspects of fault finding for existing equipment on customer sites
- Completing checks on other aspects without fault
- Providing corrective fixes
- Completing final fixes to get the customer up and running in an efficient and timely manner
This will include the below aspects as and when required:
- Completion of site surveys as required
- Remote installation for Paxton Net2 access control software completing internal documentation as required
- Training across the product range both Physical and Software to Internal / External staff
- Building knowledge guides to increase skillset in the team
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Skills:
- Previous experience of working with Paxton Door Access is essential
- Confident in the use of power/hand tools to allow the physical installation/fixing of Paxton Access control products (training will be provided to this end)
- A technical understanding of common networking technologies
- Excellent customer facing and internal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong logical thinking whilst been able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent Housekeeping skills.
- Confident in dealing and speaking with customers in a polite, courteous, and professional manner
- Positive attitude and a desire to build a rapport with valued customers.
- InVentry sells products nationally so a willingness to travel significant distances with overnight stays is also required.
What You Will Get From Us:
- Documented 121s with progression and career conversations/planning
- Private healthcare
- Income Protection Cover
- Pension scheme
- 21 Days Holiday plus your Birthday plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking