An exciting opportunity has arisen for a cloud Developer to join our growing InVentry dream team. You will be responsible for delivering against our roadmap, coaching, and mentoring junior/existing Developers and producing high quality and robust software products across all production environments. We really promote freedom within a framework, using your experience you would be empowered to look at ways you can improve our already successful team and ways of working. You will be working closely with the Development Team to keep everything on track and look at ways we can continually improve our output.
A Little Bit About InVentry…
We’re a fast-paced and growing technology company, specialising in the development and provision of touch screen visitor management solutions across both education and modern business.
Back in 2010 InVentry created and defined the sign in and visitor management market. Since then, we’ve continued to pave the way by producing innovative new features that solve real world problems. Over the last 5 years we’ve seen exponential growth; culminating in being named in the Deloitte Global Fastest 500 growing companies in technology from Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We’ve also gone from a little over 100 organisations to more than 8,000 across the UK, and now handle a staggering 5.7 million sign in and out events (up to 49 every second) and capture over 146,000 visitor images every week. Although InVentry are rooted in education, the unique and special requirements of the education market means that the InVentry system works perfectly across any business sector.
As our Development Lead, you’ll be responsible for:
• Delivery against our Roadmap
• Mentor Junior/existing Developers
• Lead in our daily stand up and development meetings.
• Lead sprint reviews
• Lead and facilitate sprint demos
• Take a key role in the development of new and existing products and features
• Work closely with the product team during the design and specification phases of new projects
• Developing software products in line with specifications and ensuring deadlines agreed to are
achieved without compromise to quality or functionality.
• Identifying possible areas of improvement and raising these as potential development actions for
• Driving and maintaining coding standards across the teams
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Skills:
- An in-depth knowledge and extensive experience of C#, VB, .net and Git source control
- Extensive experience of working with database systems both SQL and No-SQL based such as
MongoDB (including Realm)
- In-depth Knowledge working with REST Services, signalR and Third-party visual components
such as DevExpress and DevExtreme
- In depth knowledge and experience in developing systems using separation of concerns
methodology and designing and building loosely coupled classes with unit tests.
- Desirable Knowledge/Experience working with React and ASP.net
- Extensive experience of working in development teams using Agile development methodologies
- Experience of common development management systems such as Azure Devops or Jira
What You Will Get From Us:
- Documented 121s with progression and career conversations/planning
- Private healthcare
- Income Protection Cover
- Pension scheme
- 21 Days Holiday plus your Birthday plus Bank Holidays
- Free on-site parking